The International Research Training Group: The neuroscience of modulating aggression and impulsivity in psychopathology (IRTG 2150; funded by the German Research Foundation [DFG]) issues a call for the IRTG start-up grant.
The IRTG start-up grant will be awarded to one excellent IRTG scientist, who has at least one paper submitted. The grant is endowed with money of up to €50.000, which shall be used to finance pilot projects or also to fund an own position. Start-up grants are not intended for coverage of equipment, consumables, travel or publication costs only. Money received via the IRTG start-up grant must be utilized at RWTH Aachen University, starting in the summer of 2022. The start-up grant should be used to promote the scientific career by facilitating further third party funding. Thus, it may be used for pilot projects that are innovative, international and closely connected to the main topics of the IRTG.
The application deadline for the start-up grant is April 1st, 2022.
To be eligible for the grant, applicants
1) must be present member of the IRTG within their 3rd year (PhD/MD or associated students)
2) must have at least one paper submitted for publication (number of publications will be taken into account in the evaluation)
The following documents have to be submitted:
1) Curriculum vitae including publications and grants/awards
2) Documentation of graduation status, e.g., paper submission confirmation, degree certificate (PhD/MD)
3) Short outline about the professional research plans for the start-up grant (1-2 pages)
Selected applicants will present their application and plans in a short presentation during an online meeting on April 29th from 15:00 to 16:30, upon which the managing board will make the final decision. Applications will only be accepted via email. Please attach all necessary documents as one pdf-file. Send your complete application with “IRTG start-up grant” as a subject to the following address:
Prof.Dr. Ute Habel
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr. 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Phone: +49 241 80 80368 Email:email@example.com